Complete Career Overview after SSC CGL Exam
The SSC CGL marks are important
The Staff Selection Commission every year conducts the CGL exam to fill up vacancies of different positions in government jobs. The Combined Graduate Level is a tough job and students need to be very specific in terms of preparing for different sections. Candidates can get SSC CGL syllabus online following which they can prepare for the exam of each tier.
The SSC CGL marks are important that will help candidates to get selected for the further process of hiring. The career in SSC is promising with good pay and other benefits. Let us check career prospects and vacancies available in SSC-
SSC CGL Vacancies
Vacancies in SSC CGL are divided into four groups-
· Group A- 330
· Group B- 3809
· Group c- 274
· Group D- 6919
The total vacancies for total posts under SSC CGL is around 4500 and grade pay in approx. Rs 2400/- which can go till Rs 4800/-.
SSC CGL Posts Highlights
There are different posts available classified as per the group:
· Assistant Audit Officer- Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG under group B.
· Assistant Accounts Officer
· Assistant in other ministries
Assistant Section Officer
· Inspector of Income Tax
· Assistant Enforcement Officer- Directorate of Enforcement
· Inspector (Central Excise) CBIC
Sub Inspector- Central Bureau of Investigation
The salary package differs as per the position and the experience the individual holds after years.
Post and Job Description
· Preventive Officer- The work involves gathering information and taking action to prevent any malpractice.
· Assistant Accounts Officer- The candidate will be working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department under the controller and Auditor General (CAG). The work will be diverse like assisting senior officials.
· Assistant in Intelligence Bureau- The candidate will be working as an assistant in the Intelligence Bureau.
· Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Officer (SFIO) - There will be multiple work including performing crucial office work in SFI offices. The main job responsibility is to maintain complete records about investigations.
· Statistical Investigator- The job is a mix of both office and field jobs. The major responsibility involves collecting data and gathering information.
Below are the list of job profile along with the pay scale for each-
Inspector of Income Tax
The profile is to verify individual IT records and assess business concerns. The pay scale includes - 4600/-. The nature of the work is the desk.
Assistant Audit Officer
The job of inspector of the Assistant Audit Officer is to verify IT records. The pay scale is around Rs 4800/- pm.
Assistant in Ministry of External Affairs
The job includes administration work including typing, reports, and other jobs. Moreover, the work would include checking mails, calls and updating files. The pay scale is around Rs 4600/-.
Assistant in Ministry of Railway
The job profile of the assistant would include clerical. However, the grade is above the Upper Division Clerk (LDC). The pay scale is around Rs 4600/-.
Assistant in Other Ministries or Departments
Candidates working as the assistant in ministry will work under Govt of India with different departments including Election Commission, Parliamentary, Ministry of External Affairs, etc. The pay scale is around Rs 4600/-
Candidates placed as divisional accountant will come under CAG. The role includes auditing expenses in different projects. The report created by the accountant is then sent to the CAG headquarters to avoid any kind of malpractice. The pay scale is around Rs 4200/-.
· Preparing for the SSC CGL
Aspirants who want to join any of the above-mentioned positions, it is best to prepare well for the exam. Every year, there are thousands of candidates who appear for the exam and only a few are selected. Getting a government job is not that easy, like the one in SSC CGL. You need to appear for the entrance exam and appear for another selection process.
The SSC CGL marks matters the most in the selection because it will help candidates to reach out to the next Tier.