SRINAGAR: A Kashmiri journalist is set to face questioning by the National Investigations Agency for the second day in the national capital today in connection with a case filed by the agency against the hardline separatist leader Aasiya Andrabi.

Auqib Javeed, who works with Srinagar-based English daily Kashmir Observer, arrived in New Delhi yesterday where he was called to appear for questioning in connection with a case filed against the Dukhtaraan-e-Millat (DeM) chief Andrabi.

The chief of all-women separatist group affiliated with Syed Ali Geelani-led Hurriyat was arrested by the NIA last week along with her two associates for allegedly advocating the secession of Jammu and Kashmir and the use of violence against India.

“They (separatists) have been using various media platforms to spread insurrectionary imputations and hateful speeches that advocate use of violence against India and secession of Jammu & Kashmir. She and her associates have written and spoken words and published visible representations that excite disaffection towards the Government of India and promote enmity, hatred and ill-will between different communities on the grounds of religion,” said NIA spokesperson Alok Mittal.

Following her arrest, a court later sent her to 10-day remand of the agency. Aasiya, the wife of Hizbul Mujahideen commander-turned-Hurriyat leader Qasim Faktoo, who has been in jail since 1993. founded DeM in 1987 which is described by the home ministry as a proscribed outfit.

Auqib Javeed was issued summons by the agency through a local police station after Aasiya Andrabi’s arrest following which he arrived in the national capital yesterday and appeared before the sleuths of the NIA, reportedly in connection with an interview he had conducted with the chief of the separatist outfit.

“First round of investigation completed after three hours of questioning. Have to visit tomorrow again. Prayers!,” Javeed posted on Facebook yesterday.

Javeed is the second journalist from Kashmir Valley who has been called for questioning by the NIA which is also investigating the so called terror funding case in which nearly half dozen senior and middle rung separatists have been arrested. Aasiya was also named as one of the accused in the case.

The agency had earlier arrested photojournalist Kamran Yusuf in connection with the ‘terror funding’ case who had to spent months in Tihar jail. After the agency filed charge-sheet in the case which had failed to show any link of Yusuf with terror outfits, the court intervened and granted him bail.