GUEST POST | 23 JULY, 2021
Why a good percentage of the population is opting for health care policies in India
By now, every individual is aware of the benefits of medical insurance. This is why a good percentage of the population is opting for health care policies in India. A health insurance plan provides coverage for all your minor or major health care expenses. Doesn't matter which policy you choose since most healthcare policies ensure the necessary financial security when any medical contingency occurs. These policies offer you maximum coverage by providing you cashless treatment and hospitalization at a reputed network hospital of the insurance providing company.
Choosing the best medical insurance policy in India can be a tedious task since many companies offer different insurance plans and make it difficult to choose the best one. There are about 25 leading companies in India itself that offer medical insurance plans. Thus, you are bound to feel stuck with so many choices. But with proper research, buying the best medical insurance policy in India can be made easier.
Firstly, chalk out your requirements and then find a policy that can meet all your needs and perfectly fit your budget. There are different categories of policies, and by understanding them, you can choose the best medical insurance policy in India for yourself.
1. Individual health insurance plan – This is a policy designed for an individual. In this plan, all the policy features can be utilized by an individual covered under it. Many companies, such as Care Health Insurance, offer the best medical insurance policy in India for single applicants.
2. Family floater plan – This is a medical plan meant for the complete family, with a single premium paid by an individual. This type of plan covers the medical expenses for the complete family in case of a medical emergency.
3. Senior citizen insurance plan – Not all policies cover medical expenses for people above 60, and thus, it is a good choice to opt for senior citizen insurance plans that are for the elderly members of your family. Such plans include cashless hospitalization, daycare expenses, coverage of pre-existing disease, etc.
4. Critical illness plan – This is the best medical insurance policy in India for applicants that wish to cover major illness and its treatment costs. This includes coverage for health issues like stroke, paralysis, cancer, heart attack, renal failure, etc. Critical diseases can cost you much, and thus it is advised to obtain separate policies for the coverage of its expenses.
5. Women Specific insurance plan – This is a specific policy to cover the insurance-related requirements of females. This includes coverage of health issues associated with women like maternity, retirement, expenses for newborn babies, etc.
6. Top-up and Super-top up health insurance plans – Top-up plans and super top-up plans are medical insurance plans obtained with other plans to pay for additional bills. The Top-up plans cover only the single claim that reaches above the threshold limit. On the other hand, the super top-up plans can cover all the hospitalization expenses that reach above the threshold limit. In order to choose the best medical insurance policy in India from among the two, you need to check your requirements and coverage criteria.
7. Disease-specific health plan – If you are looking for a policy that could cover specific diseases, then this plan can be a suitable option for you. This is a medical insurance plan that can cover a particular disease and all expenses associated with it. This may include coverage for cancer, heart attack, diabetes, etc.
How to choose the best medical insurance policy in India?
It is always better to analyze each plan's benefits, pros, and cons before Choosing the best medical insurance policy in India. A few simple tips to follow while choosing suitable medical plans are as follows.
. Choose a policy that:
. offers a right coverage
. offers lifetime renewability options
. offers best quotes as per your requirement
. offers a high claim settlement ratio
. covers a large list of hospitals
. is affordable for you